The Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act is real, and often overlooked. It may reduce your loan interest amounts as well as wave certain fees. I encourage you to check with every financial institution you have an account with and make sure they know your situation regarding military service.
American Express has waved all of my annual fees, they contact DFAS on their own. Some clarification on who qualifies at this link: amex.
Citibank wants information sent here:
– Your original enlistment papers, specifically forms DD 4/1 and/or DD 4/3
– A copy of your Active Duty papers if you are currently serving on Active Duty in the Reserves
– A Proof of Service letter from your Commanding Officer that includes your original enlistment or Active Duty date and release date
– A Leave and Earning Statement (LES)
– Letter(s) from your recruiter(s) with specific start/stop dates
Send your documentation to:
Military Response Unit
PO Box 790398
St Louis MO 63179
You may also fax this information to: 1-866-533-0503.
You will be notified in writing within 30 days of our receipt of the documentation. We appreciate this opportunity to serve you.