AAdvantage Platinum Card Email Codes

If you haven’t applied for a AAdvantage Platinum Card, then go ahead and get one directly from Citi AA here (public link). However if you had gotten this card in the last 48 months you can’t collect any more points. Read carefully the offer details:

BONUS MILES

AAdvantage® miles are earned on purchases, except balance transfers, cash advances, checks that access your credit card account, items and services returned for credit, unauthorized charges, interest and account fees, traveler’s checks, purchases of foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, and gaming chips (and similar betting transactions). Miles may be earned on purchases made by primary credit cardmembers and Authorized Users. Miles earned will be posted to the primary credit cardmember’s AAdvantage® account in 8-10 weeks. American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months.

However the use of these mailers will circumvent this rule! I last applied for a AAdvantage Platinum Card on Feb 26, 2019 and Feb 04, 2019. Then again on Apr 28, 2019. Then I opened my first AAdvantage Platinum Card Business version on Jun 24, 2019. The soonest I could apply for another card would be 02 July 2019 (8 days after the last application) which was long ago!

Today a very nice reader (and contributor) sent me his email code from: American Airlines AAdvantage Program  <loyalty@loyalty.ms.aa.com> which had the text:

Earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage®bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World EliteTM Mastercard®.

The annual fee of $99 is waived for the first 12 months.

Best part is the terms of the offer which was:

Bonus miles
Balance transfers, cash advances, checks that access your credit card account, items and services returned for credit, unauthorized charges, interest and account fees, traveler’s checks, purchases of foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, and gaming chips (and similar betting transactions) are not purchases. American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles typically will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements. Miles may be earned on purchases made by primary credit cardmembers and authorized users. Miles earned will be posted to the primary credit cardmember’s AAdvantage® account.

Note the lack of 48 month language!

I went ahead and applied to it because it has been over 65 days since my last application (April 28, 2019), and it was more than 8 days since the Business version (June 24, 2019). I had previously tried to use a version for the AAdvantage Executive sent to my mother, but it was instantly denied even before a credit pull was done.

They sent me a letter regarding my denial, and it cited specifically that the invite code was only meant for that specific person. I gave the code to another person and they got the same response. Since this denial last month I lowered my credit limit on my other cards, and waited for a code to show up.

Today I got his code in an email offer ment for the reader, I clicked the application link and used the readers last name. The application will populate with the intended recipients info. Just delete and replace with your own. I instantly got this approval on application:

I then got the email shortly:

So there is still hope on using mailers, and additionally, possible email codes! Keep an eye out for these codes, check that junk folder. My next card will have to be 8 days from now, but I need another code!

14 thoughts on “AAdvantage Platinum Card Email Codes

1. Joseph says:

Question, I opened the executive 5 months ago, does 48 month rule applies for me if I open the platinum?
    And if not, should I Apply for platinum using this 48 month no rule or just a regular link since it’d be my first application? Thanks for all u do

• wedstuntpuller says:

Use a regular application for your first one and mailer/e-mail codes for subsequent ones. This will allow you to get the first welcome bonus from the regular card and subsequent bonuses with the mailer codes that ignore the 48-month rule.

Well i went back to it and it is specific to: bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months.

Nothing about the Executive, so you *should* be all good. Need some more data points out there on this one. I know that I had a Platinum AA first, then applied for the Executive and got the bonus!

2. Timothy Corbin says:

If anyone has any mailers I would greatly appreciate it! They haven’t sent me any in over a year and when I finally hit my 24 months they changed the language to 48! trcorbin95@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance to anyone who has one!

• wedstuntpuller says:

Sign up for AAdvantage promotional e-mails from your profile, and make sure you check your spam folder for the first e-mail from them to add it as a trusted contact so you can screen them for codes. I get an e-mail from them every 4 or 5 days, but only about one every month or two has an invite code to apply for the card and get another welcome bonus.

• Rico Suave says:

As soon I get one I’ll send it to you Buddy.

3. wedstuntpuller says:

To sign up and receive the e-mail codes, all you have to do is login to your AAdvantage account and subscribe for promotional e-mails. They send them out frequently, but I only find that one of the e-mails per month has an invitation code for the card. Anyone with an AA account can sign up for these and share their invite codes!

4. Rob says:

I haven’t started the grAAy train yet as I am focusing on Chase due to Chase’s 5/24 rule. Curious as to whether or not one needs to cancel the card before applying for the same card with these mailers/email codes?

@westuntpuller, thanks for the info. I was wondering why I haven’t received any promotional emails from AA for AA credit cards. Haven’t gotten any mailers either; does one need to unfreeze credit from the bureaus?

• wedstuntpuller says:

Login to your AA account and make sure you’re still subscribed to the mailing list. You can always unsubscribe and re-subscribe with a new e-mail address as well. You could also create a second “junk” AA account that you don’t want to accrue miles on but use for double e-mail invite codes.

5. Terrence says:

Hello,
    I have been on the Amex personal and business charge/credit cards pretty hard for the past two years. ..I am looking to apply for some Citi cards now.
    Question: does Citi waive the annual fee for military?
    I’m thinking about getting the Citi Prestige and Citi AA Advantage Platinum later this year. Thanks in advance for any info!

• wedstuntpuller says:

Yes, they waive all annual fees using the MLA. Use the search function on this site for Citi and you’ll find a couple articles by Derp that explain the application frequency rules and other ways to maximize our usage of Citi cards.

• Frankpt says:

Does Citi’s MLA coverage extend to business cards as well?

They charged me an annual fee of $0 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®, but I got the offer that the Annual fee of $99, is waived for the first 12 months. So…. maybee, but prob not since MLA is only for personal cards.