Pre-Qualified For U.S. Bank Altitude

My wife took advantage of the $300 bonus with U.S. Bank Checking with this offer that ends today (24 July 2019). Upon opening the account she was informed that she was prequalified for the U.S. Bank Altitude. Her credit is 824 and she is at 4/24 as of right now.

She didn’t go for the Altitude, yet. She wants to clean up on Chase (Ink, CSR, United Club, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott) before heading over to the Altitude. Hope the pre-qualified offer sticks around for the next 5 months!

9 thoughts on “Pre-Qualified For U.S. Bank Altitude

1. Rob says:

She may get denied with all those inquiries she will get with chase. YMMV but I was denied for the altitude and it stated that to many inquiries in a 2 year period.

Might be wise for us to get the reserve after the CSR?

• Dave says:

If you have a pre approval now I would jump on it and take the time hit for 5/24. It’s the highest travel reimbursement, makes sense to secure it first.

2. Isaiah says:

I have a question, but couldn’t find a place to email you.

I’m interested in how the Career Intermission Program (CIP) would effect my accounts and MLA/SCRA. Basically, what happens when a service member goes from Active to IRR, gets their DD-214, and then returns to active duty?

1. Are all accounts obtained prior to their new entry date protected? Or do creditors still go off of their original entry date?

2. If all accounts would be subject to MLA/SCRA, what can be done to maximize this prior to transferring to the IRR, and reentering active duty?

3. How long after finishing active duty do the various institutions start charging annual fees again?

I’d greatly appreciate a reply or article to address these thoughts.

You are very lucky! If I was in that situation I would hit barclay Gold and all of their cards super hard! Upon reentry you would get SCRA waivers since they were opened prior to your second time around. You would of course be the most recent datapoint on all of this. Last time around there was no MLA to speak of. Regarding the accounts that are already opened, they might start charging you the annual fees fo the time you are out of the military. For AmEx they audit every April and hit you with the annual fee after sending a letter and when the cards renew. not sure on chase,

good luck!

• Dan says:

Did you get AF waived for the us bank Korean card?

Never got approved for the card due to being 25/24. I will find out once I have my wife get hers since she is under 5/24.

• Dave says:

I got both my wife and my Altitude at 5/12 and 6/12 and lol/24’s. I think the x/6 or x/12 number is more important. Scared to pull the korean trigger but will have to shortly.

3. Matt says:

Pre-qualified is very different than pre-approved. Recommend the difference be emphasized here to avoid any confusion.