Howdy folks, looking forward to meeting up with all you dental churners out at AGD 2019 at the Mohegan Sun Casino! I have been told that I am very bad with my trip reports. My backlogs of reports from my past trips of Germany, Mount Rushmore, NYC will never be filed on time or even at all. I think this is pretty shitty of me because that was the whole point of this blog was to show traveling with points. My message is: don’t just earn points, but use them! This needs to be better exemplified in future articles.
I will give Little Miss Traveler credit on being super diligent on reporting how to live out our points based travel lifestyle. She just posted on her most recent trip, and suggested that I write as I travel. I am going to write and update this trip in real time!
- Flights: ORD to BDL RT: 34,000 Avios + $40.40 from Chase Iberia
- Booked American Airlines Code share ORD to BDL
- Got Cathay Pacific Silver from Founders Card
- Changed FF number to Cathay Pacific for OW Ruby
- Used Ruby Status to get free Main Cabin Extra seats at check in
- Hotel (Expense to U.S. Bank Altitude $325 travel credit):
- $147.95 military rate BDL Airport Sheraton
- $175 Reciprocal Member @ Q Club via Marine Memorial
- Car rental: $154.47 for two days on CSR ($300 Credit)
- Lounges: AA Admirals club ORD, Escape Lounge BDL
- American Airlines Executive Card
- American Express Personal Platinum
Typical for ORD, there were plenty of delays throughout the day due to thunderstorms. The morning of every flight, I always check out the misery map on flight-aware. This gives me an idea on how miserable my trip will be. I also use Trip It Pro via my membership with Founders Card.
Check in was chaos, lots of sad faces from all of the delays. There is one Kiosk in the back for military. You must use this terminal to check in, check luggage for free, and pick free Main Cabin extra seats. It has a screen that welcomes military members:
When you check in it will call an attendant to verify your status.
More to come, eating lobster rolls now…