$200/$250 Southwest Gift Card Shutdown?

Getting some reports out there that $200 Southwest gift cards are coding as flight tickets on Southwest.com. Which means no reimbursements on the annual $200 flight incidental fee when using the AmEx Platinum.

Now what is interesting is $100 gift cards are still coding as “freight” which is being reimbursed. Check out flyer talk for the latest information. Any experience from those readers out there?

10 thoughts on “$200/$250 Southwest Gift Card Shutdown?

1. Steve says:

Hope this stuff gets ironed out by January

2. ChurningCents2011 says:

Guess I’ll be a DP, just purchased $200 Southwest e-gift cards a few hours ago.

• Jkjk5 says:

Any update on reimbursement or not?

Overall, doesn’t look good. Here is the latest flyer talk:

JUNE 17 – Upgraded two biz charges to Biz Plat and set airline to WN

JUNE 24 – Purchased $40 in early bird and $160 GC on one, $200 GC on the other

JUNE 27 – Early bird fees credited

No credit for GCs yet and benefit meter is the same. SPD/Freight or not I’m pretty sure this is a lost cause.

3. Lee says:

Change happened first week of June. My buddy switched his airline to WN and bout a $200 GC. No credit.

4. Jacob says:

I bought a $200 egift card on June 18th and it was reimbursed on the 21st. Coded as AIR FREIGHT for me.

5. […] flyertalk posted about $50 and $100 Delta Gift Cards are posting as passenger tickets. Yesterday we noted that Southwest was dead as well. On top of all that they killed American Airlines again. […]

6. Robert Stoner says:

I bought 4 GC on June 22. 2 were reimbursed and 2 were not. Mine were, my wife’s weren’t.

• wedstuntpuller says:

That is the craziest DP i’ve read yet… did you buy them both the same way? On a laptop/computer with a regular browser?

• Robert S says:

They were all consecutively purchased and all on a desktop computer. Crazy huh? All 4 transactions were completed within 20 mins of each other. No idea!