The AmEx Full House: 3 Hilton, 2 Bonvoy

We’ll time to pack up Derp Report! I finally achieved my AmEx Full House consisting of 3 Hilton Cards and 2 Marriott cards:

Here is what I got planned out, I have one free night with my one active Hilton Aspire. I looked at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, but it turns out the rooms are all dated in the historic hotel. I just discovered the main hotel is for basic bitches, and there is an attached Beach Village at The Del, Curio Collection by Hilton with nights starting at $1,049! This is where the cool kids stay with it’s very own private entrance and pool.

I plan on using my free weekend night here, and the Hilton Diamond status would then waive the resort fee. Additionally since the place is considered a Hilton resort, I would have $250 a card to spend at the property.

Now my $250 airline credit resets January 2018, and my free weekend night will expire 03-Apr-2020. This gets me just in time to have my Player 2 get her own Hilton Honors Aspire as well as convert her Hilton Honors Surpass (Ascend) Card into another Hilton Honors Aspire card. With these three cards we can have 3 weekend nights at $1,000 a night, $750 in Southwest or Delta Airlines Gift cards, and $750 to spend on a 4 day, 3 night stay from Friday night to Monday morning all for free.

Come May 2020 I would be able to convert my Hilton Honors and Hilton Honors Ascend to two more cards as well as my Player 2 to convert her third Hilton Honors card to do the same thing all over again, but probably at the Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Boca Raton, FL.

All of this work is worth it for 8 days and 6 nights a year for free, with $1,500 in resort credits and $1,500 in airfare. With the MLA waiver of multiple $450 annual fees, we are looking at an out of pocket cost of $0.00.

We continue the churn with our three Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Cards. My and P2s free nights and $300 credits resets on August. On top of that I can upgrade my Bonvoy to a Brilliant in February. So I can book 3 nights in a row at 50k points a night at the Ritz Amelia Island with $900 in hotel credit. Here we can have our first official Military Churn summit with some local top brass!

Then every year thereafter we will be get the same benefits without opening or closing any cards. The perpetual churning wallet will be achieved. I might actually drop under 5/24!!!

My wife will still have her Business AmEx Delta Reserve which will give us a companion pass for first class every year. Not sure if its worth playing the shuffle game to get a 4th Marriott card. Any data points on getting a second Bonvoy Brilliant while holding on to one?

12 thoughts on “The AmEx Full House: 3 Hilton, 2 Bonvoy

1. el_georgie says:

That’s my next step after this coming PCS cycle. Working min spend on Ameriprise Plat. Next build up the Hilton collection. Thanks for this great source of info, tailored to us AD.

2. Mike says:

I was approved for a second Bonvoy Brilliant while already holding one.

• wedstuntpuller says:

Any strings attached here? Did you upgrade something else to your first Bonvoy Brilliant? What was the time between applications?

good to hear! How about a second Aspire while holding on to three Hilton cards? Can we do 5 Hilton Cards?

• Mike says:

No catch or strings attached. I had a SPG Luxury, applied for another and was approved. No upgrade or product change required.

I didn’t try this with Hilton because I value the sign up bonuses. Whereas with Marriott, you can only get one SUB so there’s no reason to get a lower card and wait a year to upgrade.

3. John JBMDL says:

Are Hilton resort fees waived for Diamond members? last year I swear I was charged the fee. Do I request this at check-in or is it automatic?

• Wedstuntpuller says:

They should be, that’s their policy. I didn’t have to request at my last resort stay in Italy, but not all hilton employees are created equal and they may forget when checking you out.

• Steve says:

Terms and conditions say no resort fees on reward stays but I guess they charge resort fees if you don’t use points or promotional free night stay.

“No resort fees on Reward Stays

No resort fees Reward stays booked using all Points, or for Promotional free night stays (e.g., issued by credit card partners, etc.)”

4. WC says:

I tried to use the weekend night very at Beach Resort with no luck. Hotel does not accept The Certs for the Beach Villas. Only for the regular hotel.

5. Matt says:

DP: Approved for Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Aug18. SPG LUX auto upgraded to MBB #2 Apr19. Applied and approved for 3rd MBB this month. Plan on getting Aspire #2 next.

DP2: For lifetime language, can confirm I was eligible to receive another signup bonus on AMEX gold despite having it 7 years ago.