Citi Prestige: $495 MLA Waiver Confirmed

24 Apr 2019, MLA Waiver Hits

Howdy folks, for those awaiting a positive data point regarding MLA waivers on the Citi Prestige directly from me, I got my good news today. I have been anxiously awaiting something regarding MLA or SCRA from my application in the beginning of April. I logged in and found the above waiver.

Looks like the MLA for Prestige is here to stay. So hit it hard!!!

29 thoughts on “Citi Prestige: $495 MLA Waiver Confirmed

1. el_georgie says:

yes!!! Waiting for the card to arrive. I received a large UPS next day air pkg from citi and thought it was the prestige card, but it was just the approval notice…a little over kill. This is a great DP, thanks Derp!

2. jkjk5 says:

Nice! Hopefully it will work for spouses too.

3. Sheraz says:

Outstanding, thank you for your service. This is the boots on the ground research we need!

4. Sam says:

That is great! Thanks for doing this. Just to confirm, if I am on active duty orders and apply for this, I will have my fees waived based on your data points?

5. SWOLL says:

Another data point, my fee was waived upon my first statement closing yesterday. It’s worth noting that I dropped my credit limit down to $3k and have an interest rate of 21% so it appears the previously suggested effective annual fee formula is correct.

6. AStad says:

I had my annual fee waived, but I have a $16,000 credit limit on the card and did not lower it at all. Suggests that maybe they’re blanket approving and not just approving it based on credit limit as previously indicated.

7. ChurningCents2011 says:

DP for a spouse for Citi Prestige below.

• Dave says:

Awesome! What did you do to request it?

• ChurningCents2011 says:

I called their Military Response Dept when I got my card in. I did not have to fax any documents in, they have a questionnaire they ask just like AMEX. They send in a request to verify your military status. They asked me if I wanted to include anybody else on the request form like a dependant. I included my wife. A few weeks later I get the message that spouse was approved. From what I gather is they keep this information on file so if you apply for another Citi card you will not have to verify your military status again.

8. el_georgie says:

I just called and after asking some info, they told me to fax, mail or e-mail .mil status docs (e.g., orders, LES, etc.) to militaryorders@citi.com. The lady put in the request for both SCRA and MLA for all my lines of credits with Citi, and said it will take up to 30 day to receive notification on the decision on all my lines of credits. Will probably email them the SCRA cert you get online and see what happens.

9. Gator_Doc says:

I can confirm that I had my annual fee waived due to MLA, not SCRA. My account was denied for SCRA because account was not opened before active duty. What was weird is that I was never told that my annual fee had been waived or my account approved for MLA. It wasn’t until my first statement that I realized I had a annual fee credit for MLA.

10. el_georgie says:

Positive DP on the MLA waiver!…Opened Prestige on 20 Apr, submitted the SCRA cert via email on 28 Apr, never received confirmation from Citi about MLA/SCRA benefits. However, it posted on 2 May when the 1st statement closed. So, not sure if it was automatically or because I mailed the SCRA cert.

11. RWHR says:

Any dp on spouses?

12. Dan says:

Any DPs of folks getting a Citi card with more than 6 inquiries in 6 months? I have seen on numerous websites that Citi has a 6/6 rule. With biz cards, I am over 6 inquiries in the last 6 months. However, I have not gotten 6 personal cards. Supposedly, Citi looks at recent inquiries (my Chase Biz cards were hard pulls). Considering applying today because I just got approved for another biz card this morning and the hard pull may not be visible yet..

Thanks everyone.

13. Al says:

Applied for citi aadvantage executive card 9APR, first statement closed 9MAY. Saw a $450 dollar transaction on “spending summary” but the charge never hit my account. Maybe it was credited automatically or suppressed?

I called them ~2MAY and sent them my LES. Hopefully this fee suppression is for real!

14. D3Root says:

Derp, there’s been quite a fee disturbing DPs of people being denied MLA benefits lately, I recently PC’d a Citi AA Plat to a Prestige after specifically being told I had MLA benefits on the account and they still hit me with the annual fee. Have you heard anything?

Woah! That’s huge, when was this?

was the AA plat previously waived?

• D3Root says:

I just called their military line and this rep said that they do NOT waive annual fees under MLA only SCRA if you got the card before active duty. When I called to PC the Citi AA I was told I shouldn’t be charged the annual fee because of MLA… Tons of conflicting info right now

sounds like it’s just citi being citi, so much mismanagement there, inconsistent training. I hope you get the waiver, thanks for the update!

15. Al says:

applied for citi aaexec card here 4/9, saw the transaction reflected on my “yearly spending chart” on 5/9, but the actual charge never hit my billing section.

This my first card with citi (other than GTCC) and I had to email them my LES.

16. Pierce says:

Anyone know the credit score needed for the Prestige.