Use Your CC Bonuses Before The End Of The Year

Gentle reminder that these bonuses reset every calendar year, so it’s best use them in the upcoming weeks before the year is over:

1. Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card:
    1. $75 annual credit on Southwest flights
  2. Ritz-Carlton Credit Card:
    1. $300 on Airline fees (good for $100 AA Gift Cards (YMMV))
  3. AmEx Personal Platinum: (My Link Here)
    1. Uber @ $15 a month with an extra $20 in December (Use on Uber Eats @ end of month
    2. $200 annually on Airlines:
      1. American Airlines (single $200 gift card) or
      2. Delta Airlines (4x $50 cards online at delta.com only) or
      3. Southwest Airlines gift card (single $200 gift card)
    3. $50 on Saks 5th Ave gift cards bought in person only (2X: $50 Jan to June, then $50 July to Aug)
  4. AmEx Business Platinum: (My Link Here)
    1. $200 annually on Airlines:
      1. American Airlines (single $200 gift card) or
      2. Delta Airlines (4x $50 cards online on delta.com only) or
      3. Southwest Airlines gift card (single $200 gift card)
    2. 10 GoGo in flight WiFi passes
    3. $200 for Dell computer (Starts Feb 2019)
  5. AmEx (Rose) Gold (Referral Link Here)
    1. $100 airline credit to be spent like AmEx Platinum credit (AA, Delta, Southwest Gift Cards)
    2. $120 for dining ($10 a month) (GrubHub, CheeseCake Factory, and more)
  6. Hilton Aspire Card: (Referral Link Here)
    1. $250 on American Airlines, Delta Airlines, or Southwest Airlines gift cards (Delta: 5x $50, AA and SW: Single $250)

This is an incomplete list, please post below if I forgot something. If you got the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card , please share your link. I did not include stuff that expires on the anniversary year of card membership (eg: $300 travel on CSR).

19 thoughts on “Use Your CC Bonuses Before The End Of The Year

1. Mike says:

250.00 @ Hilton properties with the Aspire
    200.00 @ Marriot properties with the Lux

Both those bonuses reset at the anniversary of the card, and it should be $300 for SPG Lux. No rush here!

• E5 Johnny says:

You get both those after opening the card; you dont have to wait a year till anniversary. Source: Used both credits already

Yes it’s true, but they only reset at the anniversary of membership and not st the end of the calendar year. The free night for spg Lux hits at the one year mark.

2. Dave says:

Pretty sure altitude is Cardmember year.

3. bc says:

Dang wish I knew Southwest and AA could get $200 gift cards redeemed. Went with $100 each.

4. Mike says:

Is the Altitude on EOY or card anniversary?

5. ArmyGrunt07 says:

Any idea if a $5k money market account with Morgan Stanley is sufficient to apply and receive their platinum card?

6. Rob says:

Can I buy the saks card at a outlet saks store? Or does it matter? I have a saks outlet in my local mall.

7. RWHR says:

So are we sure the $75 southwest credit is every calendar year vs cardmember year.

Because the AF is waived, I’ve upgraded mine+wife’s SW plus/premier to the priority cards so we have a total of 3 priority cards.

However I’m getting all the SW priority benefits confused. Is this right than in regards to the cards annual benefits.
    Calendar year benefits:
    1.) $75 credit
    Cardmember year benefits:
    2.) 7.5k points
    3.) 4 upgraded boarding passes

i had to go back and check since I don’t have the card myself, looks like it is every card anniversary, as in not calendar year the site says: $75 Southwest Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Priority Card is used for purchases (excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases), up to an anniversary year maximum accumulation of $75. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year. Eligibility for a $75 Southwest Annual Travel Credit for accounts that switch to this product: Account open date is the date the switch is official in the Chase system. Statement credit(s) will post to your account the same day your Southwest Airlines purchase posts to your account and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. The $75 Southwest Annual Travel Credit will be issued for the year in which the transaction posts to your account. For example, if you buy a Southwest Airlines ticket, but the airline does not post the transaction until after your current anniversary period ends, the cost of the ticket will be allocated towards the following year’s Southwest Annual Travel Credit maximum of $75.

8. ArmyGrunt07 says:

Just executed my 2019 Delta gift card purchases on my AMEX PRG and it is now showing up as one total combined charge (Rather than two $50 charges like) and instead of the description reading “Delta Airlines – Atlanta” I’m now getting “Delta CSTAR GFTCRD.” Looks like they made some unfortunate changes in the new year. Thankfully i switched my Platinums to American Airlines to take advantage of the larger gift cards that I’m now hoping will still work out fine.

9. uiucderp2011 says:

yeah if you use the app it sends them out under 3rd party, must buy on computer via delta site

• ArmyGrunt07 says:

Unfortunately, that is where I purchased it from! I did it the exact same way that I did last July (via delta website for 2x $50 cards) but it no longer shows up the same.

10. ArmyGrunt07 says:

I did that but used an iPad because my computer was off for repairs… Any possibility that’s part of the issue? Has anyone else successfully gotten their Delta reimbursement this calendar year?