It has been 6 years since I have flown Southwest Airlines, so I thought I would give it another shot this weekend. The question I got yesterday was what 5 cards I would get if I was at 0/24. I had previously forgotten about Southwest and their companion pass. If you can get 110k points through card bonuses and flying, you can choose a companion that will fly free with you for the rest of the year and the next year. Here are the only possible Chase Cards I would consider (Note: I excluded Business Cards because they do not get MLA waivers):
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase United Club Credit Card
- Chase United Explorer Credit Card
- Marriott Rewards Plus Card
- Chase Freedom (5 UR for quarterly category)
- Chase Freedom Unlimited (1.5 UR for everything)
- Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Card (3k bonus points)
- Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card (6k bonus points)
Depending on what airlines you fly I would pick 5 from the 8 above. I do not believe that there is any restriction for multiple United Cards, Multiple Southwest cards, or even both Freedom Cards.
Please send some links if you want me to host them on the site.