$35 Uber Bonus Works Only on Uber Eats

I have $385 in Uber credits for the month of December thanks to 11 AmEx Personal Platinum cards that I have acquired over 4 years of churning. Ironically these credits only work for Uber eats until they work out a reported bug in the system! Being a suburban father of two I never get to use Uber while going club to club popin’ bottles.  Instead I have been spending them on sushi driven to me via Uber. If you have $35 per card in Uber credit for Dec, just make sure you are being credited correctly, or just stick with Uber eats!

13 thoughts on “$35 Uber Bonus Works Only on Uber Eats

1. Dave says:

Is that including spouse cards or something? I thought the current tally was 7.

Yes, I put the spouses cards among mine. We have 2 Morgan Stanley, 2 Personal Platinums, 2 Personal platinums that used to be PRG, 2 Charles Schwab, 2 Mercedes-Benz, and a lowly single Ameriprise for myself!

2. Dan says:

Just pulled the trigger on the biz plat for my wife (using my own referral of course), bringing the total between us to 12; sadly, no uber credit with the biz, tho the gogo inflight passes (10 per calendar year per card) make up for it. Btw – whats your plan for the amex airline credits this january? This year I did all alaska, since the amazon giftcard loophole was killed.

3. Marcus says:

I currently have 4 platinums added to my Uber account but the past several months I have one card that won’t add the credit. However, I can’t see which card isn’t providing the $15 credit. I’ve readded every card multiple times but I still can’t figure it out. Have you had this issue before?

• Marcus says:

Never mind. I called AMEX and they were unable to help. They can only see if you are unenrolled. I messaged UBER and they resolved the issue in about 5 minutes. Apparently the card has been added to a relatives account for a time and it was taking my credit.

4. troynewman says:

Do you need a separate email account for each plat enrolled in Uber credits?

5. ChurningCents2011 says:

Trying to see if there is any DP out there with folks with multiple AMEX Plats out there. For some reason this month my Uber Eats account credits maxed out at $120. Normally, I get $210 and has been consistent for over a year. I’m looking for anyone else who has run into this problem this month. My suspicions are that Uber is limiting accounts to $120 per month with AMEX Plats.

Woah! I spend a whole weekend trying to figure this problem out. This service member had only $120 for his 9 cards, but when he called they said his balance was $135! You might be onto something.

6. ChurningCents2011 says:

I message their support, however, Uber is horrible I am sure I am not going to get a good answer. I tried adding cards to P2 Uber account with no success. I am glad I have a DP now, seems like Uber has internally limited accounts to $120. I hope this is not the case because I will be upgrading AMEX Green and Ameriprise Gold to Plat later on this year. I would like to see if there are anymore DP’s on this.