$35 Uber Bonus Works Only on Uber Eats

I have $385 in Uber credits for the month of December thanks to 11 AmEx Personal Platinum cards that I have acquired over 4 years of churning. Ironically these credits only work for Uber eats until they work out a reported bug in the system! Being a suburban father of two I never get to use Uber while going club to club popin’ bottles.  Instead I have been spending them on sushi driven to me via Uber. If you have $35 per card in Uber credit for Dec, just make sure you are being credited correctly, or just stick with Uber eats!

10 thoughts on “$35 Uber Bonus Works Only on Uber Eats

1. Dave says:

Is that including spouse cards or something? I thought the current tally was 7.

Yes, I put the spouses cards among mine. We have 2 Morgan Stanley, 2 Personal Platinums, 2 Personal platinums that used to be PRG, 2 Charles Schwab, 2 Mercedes-Benz, and a lowly single Ameriprise for myself!

2. Dan says:

Just pulled the trigger on the biz plat for my wife (using my own referral of course), bringing the total between us to 12; sadly, no uber credit with the biz, tho the gogo inflight passes (10 per calendar year per card) make up for it. Btw – whats your plan for the amex airline credits this january? This year I did all alaska, since the amazon giftcard loophole was killed.

3. Marcus says:

I currently have 4 platinums added to my Uber account but the past several months I have one card that won’t add the credit. However, I can’t see which card isn’t providing the $15 credit. I’ve readded every card multiple times but I still can’t figure it out. Have you had this issue before?

• Marcus says:

Never mind. I called AMEX and they were unable to help. They can only see if you are unenrolled. I messaged UBER and they resolved the issue in about 5 minutes. Apparently the card has been added to a relatives account for a time and it was taking my credit.

4. troynewman says:

Do you need a separate email account for each plat enrolled in Uber credits?