All over r/churning and other tech blogs have announced the 5% cash back card for Amazon Prime Card Holders.
Unfortunately for me this is a Chase product subject to the 5/24 rule. I’m thinking about getting this card to finish off my collection as it is exempt from the 5/24 rule (thanks jackgopack4 for the update)! As of today I am at 24/24, that’s 24 cards in a 24 month period. I won’t even try for this card as it would be embarrassing for both myself and the Customer Service Rep when I call to inquire why I was denied (we both know why). Not worth the hard pull on the credit report.
However as I try to spend all of my points in the next couple years I am planning on transitioning into realm of cash back cards. As of now I have the following breakdown:
- 6% Groceries with the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred card (waved for military)
- 5% on Amazon on Chase as long as I have prime ($99 a year)!
- 4% Gas with the CostCo Anywhere Visa by Citi (free with CostCo membership(also free after coupons))
- 3% Travel and Dining with the CostCo Anywhere Visa by Citi
- 2.5% USAA Limitless on everything as long as I have DIrect Deposit to USAA of $1000 a month
- 2% everything else with Gold Luxury card (free if you got it before you joined or got the SCRA before Nov 2016)
- 2% everything else with Citi Double Cash Back (no annual fee)
This card suggested by Dave looks really good:
Hope that helps for all the non-travelers out there. Whats in your wallet, did I miss any?